“…I was a stranger, and you took Me in;”
— Matthew 25:35
Our Greeter Ministry seeks to welcome guests who visit our Parish and to make them feel at home, whether they are new to Orthodoxy or are life-long Orthodox Christians; we want all who come through our doors to feel welcome and loved. The Greeter Ministry is a sub-group of our Evangelization and Outreach Service Group and is an essential part of our evangelization mission.
Greeters provide visitors information to help them participate in our worship services, invite them into fellowship at coffee hour, introduce them to people with like interests, share information about Orthodoxy and the Parish, tell them about upcoming Parish events and, most importantly, invite them back to worship with us again.
While our Greeters are formally tasked with this ministry, we also rely on our fellow parishioners to reach out to visitors and each other as representatives of Jesus Christ to create a welcoming church community. Please consider joining our ministry if you:
- Are warm, friendly and comfortable meeting new people
- Attend liturgy on a regular basis
- Generally know our parishioners and can identify visitors to our church
- Are interested in helping guests, guiding them as needed, and answering questions they may have
- Have an understanding general information about our Orthodox faith
- Can provide visitors with literature and other information as needed
Please contact Karen Gavrilovic for more information.