UOCUSA News Feed
- Celebrating Academic New Year 09/19/2018A pious Church tradition teaches that Christ began preaching the good news of His mission on September 1st, which is the date our Lord entered the Synagogue in Nazareth, and was given the book of the Prophet Isaiah to read, and He opened it and found the place where it is written: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good […]
- Seminary Board Meeting Sept. 15 09/18/2018Having attended that morning’s Divine Liturgy, commemorating the start of the Ecclesiastic Church New Year, as well as the start of the new academic year at the St. Sophia Theological Ukrainian Orthodox Seminary, the Board of the Trustees of the Seminary met for a short meeting. Present were His Eminence Metropolitan Antony, Primate of the Ukrainian Orthodox […]
- Archbishop Daniel of the UOC of the USA and Bishop Ilarion of the UOC of Canada – Exarchs of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople to Ukraine - Met with the President of Ukraine 09/17/2018Following the announcement of the Holy Synod of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, appointing Archbishop Daniel, the ruling hierarch of the Western Eparchy of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA to the formal responsibility of an Exarch of the Ecumenical throne to Ukraine, the archbishop traveled to the capitol of Ukraine – Kyiv in order to […]
- Ukrainian Orthodox Community Prays for the Lost of 9/11/2001 Terrorist Attack 09/11/2018Seventeen years have passed since the day that every person throughout the world, and in the United States of America in particular, felt the loss of human life from the hands of terrorists that hijacked several commercial airplanes and attacked the most sacred gift of God – the life of His creation. 9/11/2001 – over 3000 people lost their lives and thousand […]
- Archpastoral Visit of Archbishop Daniel to Brazil 09/10/2018As the nation of Brazil prepared to celebrate 196thAnniversary of Independence, the Ukrainian Orthodox communities of South America: Brazil, Paraguay and Argentine entered into their own celebration, sharing the joy of historical legacy of Brazil with the Ukrainian-Brazilian community.