UOCUSA News Feed
- First Days of Holy and Great Lent: The Canon of Saint Andrew of Crete 02/20/2018For the first four days of Holy and Great Lent, the Holy Orthodox Church conducts the Great Canon of Saint Andrew of Crete at the Orthodox parishes across the country and throughout the world. It is one of the most spiritually uplifting and inspiring in the Holy Tradition of our Church.
- Great Lent Giveaway 2018: Champions of the Faith! 02/20/2018The Great Lent Giveaway was designed as a way for our youth to learn about the beauty of Great Lent and instill in them that Great Lent is not only a time of fasting but a time to do good works and of contemplation, while preparing for the death and Glorious Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- The Great Lent (2018) Epistle of the Permanent Conference of Ukrainian Orthodox Bishops Beyond the Borders of Ukraine 02/18/2018Let us begin the all-holy season of fasting with joy; let us shine with the bright radiance of the holy commandments of Christ our God: with the brightness of love and the splendor of prayer, the strength of good courage and the purity of holiness! So, clothed in garments of light, let us hasten to the holy resurrection on the third day, that shines on the w […]
- Ecumenical Patriarch's Catechetical Homily on the Opening of Holy and Great Lent (2018) 02/18/2018In a world averse to asceticism, in the presence of contemporary de-sanctification of life and domination of self-centered and self-indulgent ideals, the Orthodox Church insists on a Lenten period of spiritual struggle and “venerable abstinence” for its children in preparation for Holy Week, the Passion and Cross of Christ, so that we may become witnesses an […]
- Forgiveness Sunday Vespers in NJ/NY Deanery 02/18/2018In the evening of Cheese-Fare Sunday, February 18, 2018, clergy and faithful of the NJ/NY Deanery of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA gathered in prayer at the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish in South Plainfield, New Jersey for Sunday of Forgiveness Vespers.